Bench Joinery Shop Supervisor
Rosebirch Ltd provides exceptional fit-out solutions to our clients throughout the UK and Europe. We deliver joinery-based components though bespoke fabrication utilising materials as diverse as hardwood, veneers, glass, metals to solid surfaces. To achieve this we utilise the most modern-day materials but with traditional craft skills, from a modern 12,000sq.ft. manufacturing facility, in which we continually reinvest in modern machinery including CNC.
We have a vacancy for a flexible, effective, proactive and experienced working supervisor who is a time served bench joiner to trade.
NVQ Level 3 qualified bench hand joiner or equivalent
Solid surface fabrication experience (Corian) is preferred but not essential
Qualification in supervisory skills is preferable
Ability to effectively manage and motivate staff with practical knowledge and experience of good people management through HR policies and procedures
Experience of conducting performance appraisals and a strong interest in developing staff and apprentices
Good knowledge of health and safety procedures and safe working practices
Able to ensure manufacture is completed to tight timescales whilst ensuring required productivity and quality outputs
Attractive salary subject to experience
40 hours per week
Pension and Life Assurance schemes are also applicable
Closing Date for CV’s – 31st October 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apprentice Shopfitter (Suitable for school leaver)
AUGUST 2020 START – We are currently recruiting for an Apprentice Shopfitting Joiner to start with us in August 2020.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Follow to existing working, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities.
- Work to relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post.
- Complete a full range of shopfitting Joinery tasks associated with the fit-out of commercial premises.
Qualifications and Skills
To apply you must:
- Recently left Secondary Education.
- Be able to travel to Gateshead – (Monday – Friday 8:00 AM/4:30PM).
- Be interested in specialist joinery manufacturing and installation.
- Able to complete 1 day a week at College in Leeds.
- Travel expenses to and from college paid by company.
- Train with industry leading experts.
- Earn while you learn.
- Achieve NVQ qualification (Shopfitting).
Job Type: Full-time